Application and competition rules
4. International Competition for Young Musicians
PERFORMERS – COMPOSERS:
1. 4. International Competition for Young Musicians /Performers – Composers/
is open for competitors of all nationalities, who likes to compose and perform their own compositions.
2. The theme of the 2020 edition of the Competition is “THE FOUR SEASONS for Oskar Rieding” . The 4 final concerts will take place during four 2020 seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn & Winter Gala Finalists Concerts.
Each of this concert will take place at eminent concert hall in Slovenia: National Hall Celje, Slovene Philharmonic Hall, Historic Hall of ZRC SAZU, Crystal Hall Rogaška Slatina, Statenberg Palace. This way the talented young performers – composers will continue the tradition of Oskar Rieding who was a unique and well known performer – composer himself. It is desirable for each category to follow the idea of this year edition, which is:
“FOUR SEASONS for Oskar Rieding”. Try to connect your music with the season, which is represented by your category.
3.In all categories, a candidate can apply with one composition, which can be written for a solo performer or for a chamber composition (two or more members) – in any music style or genre. The rule of the contest is that the author must also be the performer of the registered musical work. He/she can perform it as a soloist or as a member of the chamber group or soloist with chamber or symphonic orchestra (depends on a category)
4. Competition will be divided in 4 age categories:
I category up to 13 y.o. / SUMMER
II category from 14 to 17 y.o. / AUTUMN
III category from 18 to 21 y.o. / WINTER
IV category from 22 y.o. – no age limit /SPRING
5. Competition piece. Candidates of 1st Category and 2nd Category can apply with one solo or chamber work for any instrument(s) /or vocal, without electronics, performed by candidate.
3rd Category – the competition piece must be a work for solo instrument/or voice (performed by author) with string quartet or string orchestra. The video – recording of the piece can be also only a solo part played by composer (full score of piece and a midi recording must be attached).
4th Category – the competition piece must be a work for solo instrument/voice (performed by author) with symphonic orchestra. The video – recording of the piece can be also only a solo part played by composer (full score of piece and a midi recording must be attached).
In all categories, a candidate can apply with one composition, which can be written for a solo performer or for a chamber composition (two or more members) – in any music style or genre. The rule of the contest is that the author must also be the performer of the registered musical work. He/she can perform it as a soloist or as a member of the chamber group or soloist with chamber or symphonic orchestra ( depend on category).
6. A young musician (I category) can get help of a pedagogue in the process of own composing /should be mentioned in the application.
7. The complete on-line application for the competition must include:
A filled-in application form on the competition website with enclosed:
- a YouTube link to the video recording of the candidate not older than 6 months on the day of application.*The video needs to be public (YouTube channel settings on “public”).**3rd and 4th Category: The video – recording of the piece can be also a solo part played by composer + midi or other electronic illustration of the complete piece.
- score of the composition in PDF format. Finalists must prepare scores in Sibelius or Finale format.
8. The competition piece should not exceed:
5 min. for the I category,
7 min. for II category,
9 min. for III category,
12 min. for IV category
9. A copy of an identity document of the candidate and information (name, surname, title) of a pedagogue.
10. Registration fee for the competition is 30 euros (per each competitor). After you finish your on-line application we will check it and you will get your invoice for fee payment in one day. The registration fee must be payed in the period of 5 days after you get the invoice from us. The Organizing Committee will award 5 free registration to pupils from families, who apply for this type of assistance.
11. The last day for submitting your application is 25 May 2020 for I, II and III Category and 25 May 2020 for IV Category (because of concert preparation and symphonic orchestra rehearsals)
12. The organizational committee will accept only complete applications.
13. The finalists will be informed about their participation in the final concert until 25 May 2020 (IV Category finalists will be informed until 25 May 2020) via e-mail stated in the application.
14. The international competition will take place in two rounds:
First round will take place online on the website of the competition between 1st January and 25th May 2020. During this period the participants can send their video applications on the competition address. After the completion of applications an international jury will meet and grade the videos.The competitors will be given a gold, silver or bronze award according to their points.
All the participants will receive a certificate for participation at the 4. International Competition for Young Musicians Oskar Rieding. The citations and certificates for participation will be sent to participants by post or by e-mail. A pedagogue will also receive a certificate for participation of a student at a competition.
The 15 gold award winners chosen by the Jury from all categories will be invited to play at the FINAL CONCERTS during the 2020:
GALA FINALISTS CONCERT “SPRING”
with Symphonic Orchestra Grex Symphoniacorum of Ljubljana University
National Hall Celje
Slovene Philharmonie Ljubljana
GALA FINALISTS CONCERT “SUMMER”
with Ljubljana String Ensemble
Historic Hall of the Institute of Musicology at the Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts
GALA FINALISTS CONCERT “AUTUMN”
with Ljubljana String Ensemble
GALA FINALISTS CONCERT “WINTER”
with Ljubljana String Ensemble
Crystal Hall Rogaška Slatina
15. The finalists themselves cover their travel and subsistence expenses. The organiser will inform the finalists about possible favourable accommodation.
16. The decisions of the competition jury are final.
17. The jury may distribute any of the prizes among more contestants (ex aequo).
18. The jury can determine additional prizes for competitors.
19. By submitting the application form, the candidate and the parents or caretakers agree with the above stated rules.
20. By submitting the application for the competition, the candidate and the parents or caretakers consent to free public display of their video and audio recordings, photographs and achievements.They also allow to print the competition piece by the publisher, chosen by the jury.
21. Organisation commitee reserves the right to cancel the competition in case of small number of contestants. In case of cancelling the competition, the entry fee will be returned to the contestants who already submitted the registration.
22. For all questions or disputes is responsible the organisation committee of the competition. Its decisions are final.
23. The results of the competition will be announced on 15th June 2020 on the competition website. Diplomas will be sent to all winners by the e-mail address provided in the application by 1st July 2020.
For additional information send us an inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to change these terms.