Application and competition rules
A complete application for the 1. International Competition for Performers – Composers Oskar Rieding in Celje must include:
1st International Oskar RIeding Competition for Young Musicians – Composers is open for competitors of all nationalities, who likes to compose and perform their own compositions.
- Candidates can apply with one solo or chamber work for any instrument(s) /or vocal/, without electronics. Competitior must be 20 years or younger ( exeption is the special – IV category *).
- Competition will be divided in 4 age categories:
I category up to 10 y.o.
II category up to 15 y.o.
III category up to 20 y.o.
IV category from 21 y.o. – the special category Oskar Rieding
- * Special category “Oskar Rieding”.
The competition has a special category for music pedagogues who are composing for their students. The category is named after a great pedagogue and composer Oscar Rieding, who devoted most of his work to his students. Only the lower age limit is set in this category: applicants from 21 years can apply. There are no upper age limits for candidates in this category.
- Competition piece. In all categories, a candidate can apply with one composition, which can be written for a solo performer or for a chamber composition (two or more members) – in any music style or genre. The rule of the contest is that the author must also be the performer of the registered musical work. He/she can perform it as a soloist or as a member of the chamber group.
- If a young musician ( I category) is getting help of a pedagogue in the process of own composing, this should be mentioned in the application.
- In the special category IV it is desirable that a pedagogue`s pupil also participates in the performance of the declared composition.
- The complete n-line application for the competition must include:
A filled-in application form on the competition website with enclosed:
- a YouTube link to the video recording of the candidate not older than 6 months on the day of application.*The video needs to be public (YouTube channel settings on “public”). There is a possibility to send the video recording in the DVD format. If so, please contact us before sending it via email@example.com
- score of the composition in PDF format. Finalists must prepare scores in Sibelius or Finale format.
- The competition piece should not exceed:
10 min. for the I category,
15 min. for II category,
20 min. for III category,
25 min. for IV category – The special category “Oskar Rieding”.
- A copy of an identity document of the candidate and information (name, surname, title) of a pedagogue.
- A proof of payment of the registration fee. *Registration fee for the competition is 65 euros for the I,II and III category and 70 euros for the IV category. After you finish your on-line application you will get your invoice for fee payment. The registration fee must be payed in the period of 5 days after you get the invoice from us. The Organizing Committee will award 5 free registration to pupils from families, who apply for this type of assistance.
- The last day for submitting your application is 10 June 2018.
- The organizational committee will accept only complete applications.
- The finalists will be informed about their participation in the finals until 15 June 2018 via e-mail stated in the application.
- The international competition will take place in two rounds:
First round will take place online on the website of the competition between 15th March and 10th June 2018. During this period the participants can send their video applications on the competition address. After the completion of applications an international jury will meet and grade the videos.The competitors will be given a gold, silver or bronze award according to their points.
All the participants will receive a certificate for participation at the 1st International Competition for Young Violinists Oskar Rieding. The citations and certificates for participation will be sent to participants by post or by e-mail. A pedagogue and a piano accompanist will also receive a certificate for participation of a student at a competition.
The 15 gold award winners chosen by the Jury from all categories will go to the finals.
The finals will take place on 29 and 30 June 2018 in the National Hall in Celje, Slovenia; on the same day after the finished final performances there will be the award ceremony.
Solemn proclamation of the final winners of the 1st International Competition for Young Violinists Oskar Rieding will be after the final performances at the National Hall in Celje, Slovenia.
- The finalists themselves cover their travel and subsistence expenses. The organiser will inform the finalists about possible favourable accommodation.
- The decisions of the competition jury are final.
- The jury may distribute any of the prizes among more contestants (ex aequo).
- The jury can determine additional prizes for competitors.
- By submitting the application form, the candidate and the parents or caretakers agree with the above stated rules.
- By submitting the application for the competition, the candidate and the parents or caretakers consent to free public display of their video and audio recordings, photographs and achievements.They also allow to print the competition piece by the publisher, chosen by the jury.
- For all questions or disputes is responsible the organisational committee of the competition. Its decisions are final.
For additional information send us an inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to change these terms.