Application and competition rules
A complete application for the 3rd Oskar Rieding International Competition for Young Musicians must include:
- A filled-in application form on the competition website with enclosed:
- A YouTube link to the video recording of the candidate not older than 6 months on the day of application. The video needs to be public (YouTube channel settings on “public”).
- The application must contain a video of the performance of two musical works in total duration of a max.:
1. Category: max. 10 min.
2. Category: max. 15 min.3. Category: max. 18 min.4. Category: max. 20 min.
The first piece is the candidate’s choice. The second is an obligatory piece that the candidate chooses from O. Rieding’s works listed here.
- A copy of an identity document of the candidate.
- Information (name, surname, title) of a pedagogue and an accompanist. *
- Information (name, surname, telephone, address) about candidate ’s parent.*
- A proof of payment of the registration fee.
- The registration fee for participation in the competition is: 1st category 50,00 eur, 2nd category 60,00 eur, 3rd category 70,00 eur, 4th category – 80,00 eur. You will receive an account for paying a fee with your information to your email address after a signed online application.
- After you finish your on-line application you will get your invoice for fee payment. The registration fee must be payed in the period of 5 days after you get the invoice from us.
- The last day for submitting your application is 5 May 2019.
- The organization committee will accept only complete applications.
- The finalists will be informed about their participation in the finals until 11 May 2019 via e-mail stated in the application.
- The international competition will take place in two rounds: First round will take place online on the website of the competition between 15th January and 5th May 2019. During this period participants can send their video applications to the competition address. After the completion of applications an international jury will meet and grade the videos.
- The competitors will be given a gold, silver or bronze award according to their points.
- All the participants will receive a certificate for participation at the 1st International Competition for Young Violinists Oskar Rieding.
- A pedagogue will also receive a certificate for participation of a student at a competition.
- Awards certificates will be sent to participants by e-mail not later then 25 June 2019.
- The 20 gold award winners from all categories chosen by the Jury will be invited to the finals of the competition.
- The finals will take place on 24 and 25 May 2019 at the National Hall Celje, Slovenia. Solemn proclamation and award ceremony of the final winners of the 3rd International Competition for Young Musicians Oskar Rieding (discipline violin) will be after the final performances at the National Hall in Celje, Slovenia.
- The finalists themselves cover their travel and subsistence expenses. The organiser will inform the finalists about possible favourable accommodation.
- The decisions of the competition jury are final.
- The jury may distribute any of the prizes among more contestants (ex aequo).
- By submitting the application form, the candidate and the parents or caretakers agree with the above stated rules.
- By submitting the application for the competition, the candidate and the parents or caretakers consent to free public display of their video and audio recordings, photographs and achievements.
- For all questions or disputes is responsible the organisational committee of the competition. Its decisions are final.
* the data is filled-in or enclosed to the online application for participants under 18 y.o.
For additional information send us an inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to change these terms.